In a post-COVID-19 environment, consumers focus on nursing home staffing as a core element in a facility’s ability to provide quality care and patient safety. The CMS Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) quarterly submissions are the basis for calculating the facility’s Nursing Home Compare Staffing Star rating and, starting in 2022, will be used to monitor compliance with the New York State (NYS) nursing home minimum staffing standards that were signed into law on June 18, 2021.
In this webinar, we will provide the following insights to help successfully evaluate your submission process and help you meet your goals for your five-star rating while maintaining compliance with the New York requirements:
- Discuss the PBJ submission process requirements and common areas that result in inaccurate reporting of nursing hours
- Discuss the Staffing Star methodology and ways to project the staffing hours needed to achieve higher stars
- Review the NYS minimum staffing standards and how the methodology is different than the five-star staffing rating
- Discuss ways to identify current compliance level with minimum standards and staffing changes necessary to achieve compliance
- Discuss tools to monitor nursing hours per resident day on an ongoing basis to maintain compliance