The SARS-CoV-2 virus and the incidence of COVID-19 (COVID-19) pandemic has created a new and ever-evolving situation for nonprofits. Organizations that operate on thin margins are suffering from program shutdowns, isolation of employees and cancellation of planned events. Join three seasoned nonprofit leaders as they examine some of the major issues organizations are facing and some steps they can take to help sustain their important work, including an overview of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact the crisis is having on their organization
- Identify immediate steps to take amid COVID-19
- Discuss the role of boards during the crisis
- Describe crisis communication planning
- Analyze the CARES Act and its application to nonprofits