The Payroll-Based Journal system (PBJ) is evolving and in a notification to state survey agencies, CMS identified the need for additional oversight. While timely reporting is critical for program compliance, PBJ data is used to calculate staffing star ratings and can trigger a CMS audit. This training will help leaders better review data for potential errors and staffing issues. The presenters also will share strategies for collecting the necessary support data for submission, navigating an audit and potential changes to the process in 2019.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recall key data reporting requirements under PBJ and describe how they affect the CMS Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Identify recent policy manual updates and common areas of misreporting
- Analyze staffing data issues that trigger CMS audits and identify strategies for organizations to address these issues and facilitate accurate data submission
- Outline the process for submitting requested information if selected for an audit
- Recognize the role of PBJ data under PDPM