As the deadline for nonpublic entity adoption of the new revenue recognition guidance approaches, it’s important to understand how your company will be affected. The technology and software industry will see some key changes, but what areas are the most pressing and what potential costs and benefits can you anticipate? Join BKD for a complimentary webinar as we navigate important aspects of the revenue recognition standard, e.g., scope, model and adoption considerations.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify likely areas of difference between the previous revenue guidance and Accounting Standards Codification Topic 606 in the technology and software space
- Describe the new rules for cost capitalization
- Describe the new disclosures required for nonpublic companies
- Describe the new rules of implementation and upfront fees
- Explain the five-step model for revenue recognition