Predictive coding, a component of Technology Assisted Review, continues to change the Early Case Assessment (ECA) and document review landscape. It is a process whereby case experts “train” a sophisticated software program to statistically differentiate between relevant and nonrelevant documents in a given case, independent of keywords.
While the benefits of predictive coding are well documented, potential issues and misunderstandings remain. This course will cut through the hype surrounding this exotic technology and help you navigate the landscape of predictive coding to make informed, practical decisions about its potential use.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the predictive coding process
- Identify major benefits and weaknesses of predictive coding
- Analyze predictive coding in ECA and investigations
- Recognize where the courts stand on the issue
- Explain the future of predictive coding