Trending ESOP Topics in the Construction Industry
Are you a contractor who’s considering an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)? Are you already an ESOP and want to re-evaluate? What about tax reform—will you be affected? Will your bonding capacity be affected?
These and many other questions that are hot topics right now in the construction industry. Watch National Industry Partner for BKD National Construction & Real Estate Group Jason Myers and Partner Cara Benningfield discuss these key questions related to ESOPs. Here are some of the topics discussed in the video below:
- What’s the big deal with ESOPs right now? (0:30)
- How to know if an ESOP is right for you (2:10)
- Re-evaluating ESOPs (3:54)
- Effects of COVID-19 on ESOP valuations (5:44)
- ESOP benefits for hiring and employee retention (8:16)
- “I just went ESOP!” – Now what? (10:41)
- The effect of tax reform on ESOPs (13:32)
- Will an ESOP affect bonding capacity and banking covenants? (17:37)
- Miscellaneous considerations with an ESOP (20:09)
- Recording an ESOP transaction into the GAAP financial statements (21:23)
If you have any questions or would like to connect with a BKD Trusted Advisor™, contact us using the form below.