Assisting Healthcare Organizations with Improving Labor Force Productivity & Culture
Faced with increasing financial demands as well as the need for an efficient labor force, the capabilities of some healthcare organizations could significantly exceed demand. Regardless, patient care needs should not be compromised when determining staffing requirements. Productivity should be monitored, understood, and improved for continued financial success.
We help healthcare organizations reduce workforce cost by 5 to 7 percent per year by successfully resizing the direct patient care and indirect patient care workforce.
BKD can conduct an assessment to help:
- Establish targets for labor spend ratio & trends, including contract labor value
- Benchmark departmental staffing, activity, & overtime standards
- Analyze premium pay codes to identify opportunity within workforce staffing processes
- Conduct executive strategic staffing performance & prioritization for improvement
- Assess & establish targets for management span of control
Powered by our BKD Analytics team, our BKD Workforce Productivity tool provides users the ability to develop reports to help identify improvement opportunities for labor or production based on leading practices and comparative benchmarks. We can help you:
- Develop workforce monitoring tools
- Implement productivity improvement plans
- Establish & improve a productivity culture with the management team & workforce
BKD’s Health Care Performance Advisory Services team includes professionals with extensive healthcare operational management and leadership experience within the industry who can help you understand the factors that influence your staffing and skill mix and can affect production.