BKD Can Help with Your State's Nursing Facility UPL Supplemental Payment Program
As a nursing home provider, you know change is a part of life. One change gaining popularity is the nursing facility Upper Payment Limit (UPL) supplemental payment program. These state-specific programs generate significant opportunities for nursing home facilities and are attractive for several reasons, including:
- Not requiring capital outlay
- Creating formal affiliations with preferred acute care providers
- Having an easy entry and exit
- Allowing for improved quality, greater control over the continuum of care and reduced readmissions
- Reducing financial exposure resulting from payment bundling, ACO development, etc.
- Expanding program benefits for current UPL participants
- Allowing facilities whose licenses are owned by nonstate governmental entities to participate in the program
Because these programs change and expand quickly, BKD is actively involved in helping several states develop or redesign their UPL programs. Call us or send us an email, and we’d be happy to give you the most current news in your state.