BKD’s tax-exempt professionals prepare more than 2,000 Form 990s each year for long-term care and senior living providers across the country. We offer basic Form 990 assistance but also proactively look to identify other potential tax risks—payroll, worker classification, and unrelated business income—and help providers mitigate those risks.
We have a number of specialized tools and services available to help you comply with your tax obligations.
- BKD 990connect is our online comprehensive data organizer designed to securely and efficiently gather Form 990 information.
- We provide a number of sample policies and questionnaires. They can be used to meet the reasonable effort standard mandated by the Form 990 instructions for gathering information regarding business and family relationships. Other documents assist with disclosure information about transactions with officers, directors, trustees, and key employees.
- Educational sessions for board members and management regarding a variety of tax issues occur frequently throughout the year.
- Use our Exempt Organization Tax Planning Checklist to help you identify potential tax risks in areas like fringe benefits, employment taxes, benefit plans, unrelated business income, tax-exempt bonds, fundraising, and more.
- Industry-specific Form 990 benchmarking reports can be customized to provide key comparative information to management and board members.