What Wage Index Costs May Be Missing or Underreported?
An acute-care hospital’s wage index data is a vital component to the overall wage index. A 1 percent change in an area’s overall wage index can result in a significant reimbursement opportunity.
BKD’s wage index reviews help hospitals comply with complex rules and identify improvement areas. Our Medicare solutions go beyond the traditional detailed review of supporting documentation. We also:
- Provide analytical comparisons on key metrics showing trends as well as a comparison to the core-based statistical area (CBSA)
- Interview and confer with hospital staff to verify hours, benefits, and other key components are properly reported
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions with key hospital personnel
- Conduct educational sessions with key hospital personnel
- Help assess CMS public use wage index files
- Assist with submitting corrections to the fiscal intermediary and the CMS