Is Clinical Documentation & Coding Creating Vulnerabilities in Your Revenue Cycle?
Poor clinical documentation and coding integrity practices can result in claim denials and inaccurate reimbursements. Many hospitals have implemented clinical documentation improvement programs to mitigate claim denials for medical necessity, coding and clinical documentation. Clinical documentation and coding integrity is a large component of the middle revenue cycle, where clinical and financial processes interact.
BKD’s medical coding and billing compliance team includes documentation and coding professionals certified through the American Health Information Management Association and AAPC. Our team specializes in:
- Diagnosis-related group and clinical validation
- Documentation specificity
- Evaluation and management
- Risk adjustment
- Hierarchical condition categories
- Severity of illness/risk of mortality
- Ambulatory Payment Classifications
- Clinical and provider education