Improving Your Labor Force Productivity & Culture
Faced with increasing financial demands as well as the need for an efficient labor force, the capabilities of some health care organizations could significantly exceed demand. Regardless, patient care needs should not be compromised when determining staffing requirements.
BKD can conduct an assessment to help:
- Establish labor ratio and trends, including contract labor value
- Benchmark departmental staffing, activity and overtime standards
- Conduct executive interviews to help prioritization for performance improvement
- Assess span of control
Our advisors can analyze and compile information and data. We can develop reports to help identify improvement opportunities for labor or production based on leading practices and comparative benchmarks. We can help you:
- Develop a productivity culture with the management team
- Implement productivity improvement plans
- Develop monitoring tools
BKD’s Health Care Performance Advisory Services team includes professionals with extensive health care operational management and leadership experience within the industry who can help you understand the factors that influence your staffing and skill mix and can affect production.