Get Your ERP Implementation Back on Track with BKD
Despite best intentions, implementation projects often don’t meet their goals. They end up off plan, off budget, and off track. Large-scale system implementations are a significant investment and notorious for taking longer than expected to realize a return on investment. If timeline targets are continually slipping and executive support is waning, your project could be at risk. BKD can help.
BKD Trusted Advisors™ have successfully stabilized and remediated failed implementations for decades. We can assess your project and develop and implement a recovery plan. Whether your issues are mid-project or post go-live, we can help you achieve your goals and get the most out of your ERP investment.
There are many warning signs that indicate your ERP implementation may be going off track. Some of these include:
- Fluctuating or competing priorities: Your core project team shouldn’t be distracted by competing projects that prevent them from dedicating the time needed for implementation.
- Ongoing schedule delays: Many projects go off track when people underestimate the time and dedication it takes to complete the implementation. Data migration and integration are commonly miscalculated aspects of a project. A realistic schedule from the start helps avoid pushed dates and lost confidence.
- Scope Creep & Fee Fatigue: You need control and strong governance of your scope that isn’t driven only by partners or consultants. Fee fatigue occurs when you spend too much time supporting issues the client should be able to do on their own. BKD can help you be self-sufficient.
- Lack of executive sponsorship: We encourage executives to take ownership. A project of this magnitude should be an organizational priority, not a personal or side project without focus or management support.
- Lost sight of goals or lack of goals: By setting realistic goals from the start, you can measure the results of your investment. You need to know upfront how you’ll measure project success.
Our project managers are change management specialists. We not only drive the tactical project milestones but change mindsets and behaviors to adopt the new ERP system. Change management is an important aspect of your project to help ensure you’re getting the full value of your investment. We train and support all system users to reinforce their understanding and comfort level with the new ERP.
If your ERP project shows signs of risk and is on the road to failure, you need to change direction. BKD can assess where you’ve been, where you are, and where you want to go. We start by understanding your business goals and reasons for implementing a new system. Your goals direct our work. Whether you’re pursuing a complete business transformation or looking for greater process efficiencies and cost control, we can help get your ERP implementation back on track.
Fill out the below form today for a free assessment.
Contact Us Today