Does Your CDI Program Need a Facelift?
Poor clinical documentation and coding integrity practices can result in claim denials and inaccurate reimbursements. You want to assess that your clinical documentation and coding integrity practices are effective in denial management and have the benefits below:
- Consistent and measurable
- Physician alignment
- Quality and financial
BKD’s coding and billing compliance team includes documentation and coding auditors certified through the American Health Information Management Association and the American Academy of Professional Coders. Our team’s specialties include:
- Diagnosis-related group and clinical validation
- Documentation specificity
- Evaluation and management
- Risk adjustment
- Hierarchical condition categories
- Severity of illness/risk of mortality
- Ambulatory payment classifications
- Charge capture
- Clinical and provider education
Our health care performance advisors provide best-practice recommendations that can assist your organization in avoiding denials. BKD’s revenue integrity and compliance team provides up-to-date processes and best practices to help hospitals meet the ever-changing regulatory landscape from fee-for-service to value-based models.