Join BKD and JA Del Rio for an insightful webinar about tax issues in the U.S. and Mexico that are commonly associated with acquiring a business in Mexico. We’ll share the U.S. tax implications of acquiring a Mexican entity, as well as key factors of doing business in Mexico. Our trusted advisors will also cover acquisition structuring and the common problems one encounters in the acquisition transaction.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the tax treatment of different types of acquisitions, e.g., stock versus asset deal
- Define typical acquisition structures from a U.S. and Mexican perspective
- Identify typical “red flags” on Mexican entities and understand the relevance of due diligence
- Describe an overview of transaction taxes in acquiring a Mexican entity
- Identify what forms of protection are generally sought for acquisitions, e.g., escrows, SPA reps, and indemnities
Missed an Earlier Session?