Simply Tax® Episode 136: 2021 Year-End Tax Advisor Live
It’s been another year like no other amid tax law changes, a shifting economy, an ongoing global pandemic, and new regulations—and the BKD Year-End Tax Advisor is back with more than 20 articles to assist with crucial year-end planning decisions. Host Damien Martin caught up with five contributors to this year’s Tax Advisor to discuss their articles in front of a live audience on November 4, 2021, in St. Louis, Missouri, as part of BKD’s annual Leadership Conference. Here’s what’s covered:
- What is the Tax Advisor @02:16
- 10 IRS LB&I Compliance Campaigns You Should Know About by Yelena Bosovik @03:36
- What is LB&I?
- The purpose of the campaigns
- Takeaways on Yelena’s top three campaigns
- Global Tax Reform – Pillars One & Two by Elizabeth Hazzard-Herzing @09:26
- What’s this global minimum tax I hear about?
- What is BEPS and who is the OECD?
- Why is global agreement so significant yet challenging to implement?
- What are the two pillars and the latest on each?
- 2021 Year-End Tax Planning for Individuals by Jessica Kinnard @18:57
- Charitable planning and giving
- Child tax credit
- Changes to loss limitations
- Tax Planning Through Uncertainty – To Sell or Not to Sell by Stacey Atchison @29:24
- Overview of the current tax proposals impacting capital gains
- Recommendations on approaching the uncertainty
- To sell or not to sell?
- Retirement Strategies in a Time of Uncertainty by Amy Frizzell @38:41
- Items to keep in mind for those working on retirement
- Items for those already enjoying retirement
- Suggestions given some of the uncertainty we’ve seen lately with significant proposals
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OUR GUEST
Yelena Bosovik serves as a manager in BKD’s National Office Tax Department.
Elizabeth Hazzard-Herzing is a director in BKD’s International Tax Services division known for “making transfer pricing fun.”
Jessica Kinnard is a senior manager and BKD Private Client™ advisor in Kansas City, Missouri.
Stacey Atchison is a director and BKD Private Client advisor in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Amy Frizzell is a principal and BKD Private Client advisor in Indianapolis, Indiana, where she also oversees the BKD Wealth Advisors Indianapolis practice.
- BKD 2021 Year-End Tax Advisor: A collection of articles covering several important issues that could affect you.
- Simply Tax Talks: Feeling confused, overwhelmed, or uncertain about what the proposed tax changes included in the Build Back Better Act might mean for your tax situation? Join host Damien Martin, Yelena (Bosovik) Sheremeta, and Tad Goodenbour for a new weekly 30-minute livestream on YouTube starting Tuesday, October 26, at 10 a.m. Central time! Get your questions answered live as we cover the latest developments, share thought-provoking insights, and offer strategies amid the uncertainty.
- Previous Simply Tax episodes covering the BKD Year-End Tax Advisor
- Episode 112: 2020 Election Results & Year-End Tax Advisor (November 10, 2020)
- Episode 79: Year-End Tax Advisor (November 8, 2019)
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.