Simply Tax® Episode 134: Cybersecurity with Cy the Cyber Guy
The threat and impact of cybercrime have become an unwanted part of our daily lives. Cy “the Cyber Guy” Sturdivant joins host Damien Martin to break down the biggest cybersecurity threats and provide best practices to help businesses and their owners identify and deter cyberattacks. Here’s what they cover:
- What is cybersecurity?
- Who should be concerned with it?
- How does Cy characterize the current cybersecurity environment?
- What are the key threats?
- How has the pandemic affected the cybersecurity environment?
- What industries and organizations have the highest threat level?
- What can you do about risk and how do you access your level of risk?
- How is cybersecurity affecting the supply chain?
- Any advice for those feeling overwhelmed?
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OUR GUEST
Cy Sturdivant is a member of BKD’s IT Risk Services division’s cybersecurity team and has more than 14 years of experience working with and serving financial institutions. He primarily focuses on performing IT general control engagements and Internal Audit SOX/FDICIA engagements and managing various other cybersecurity-related services for financial institutions and other industries.
Before joining BKD, he worked for a community bank in its risk management division and in public accounting specializing in IT-related internal audits and control assessments.
Cy has been a practicing Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®) since 2009. His professional memberships include ISACA®, Tennessee Bankers Association Strategic Technology Steering Committee, and InfraGard Middle Tennessee Members Alliance.
He is a graduate of The University of Tennessee, Martin, with a B.S. degree in business administration with accounting and finance emphases, and a graduate of University of Memphis, Tennessee, with an M.B.A. degree.
- More about Cy: Beyond the Numbers with Cy Sturdivant
- BKD resources
- BKD archived webinars
- BKD articles
- Creating Secure Passwords (October 1, 2021)
- Current Cyber Trends in Remote Work Environments (June 2, 2021)
- Pipeline Hack Exposes Cybersecurity Weaknesses to Energy Companies (May 25, 2021)
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.