Simply Tax® Episode 133: Where Things Stand with Build Back Better
A deal on budget reconciliation is proving elusive in Congress. Guest Travis Lucas is back with host Damien Martin to cut through the static of the headlines in Washington, D.C. Here’s what they cover:
- Impact of the 2022 elections
- Who’s against who
- Getting the requisite Democratic votes
- The new four tectonic plates
- Getting to a topline number
- Debt ceiling politics
- Timing of the bipartisan infrastructure and budget reconciliation bills
- What the final budget reconciliation bill might look like
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OUR GUEST
Travis Lucas is the managing principal at The Lucas Law Firm. A former trial court judge and frequently retained legal counsel, Travis has built a nationally recognized practice assisting clients on many corporate, tax, estate planning, and asset protection law matters over the past twenty years. Travis is a practicing attorney for entrepreneurs, corporations, nonprofit organizations, executive officers, and board of director leadership, among others, on specific legal and public policy matters. He has quarterbacked numerous commercial transactions, drafted tax law provisions, negotiated and closed complex deals, drafted asset protection bulwarks and sophisticated estate planning vehicles, and counseled many small to blue-chip organizations on corporate legal compliance matters.
Travis is a frequent lecturer on the law and the public policy behind the law, speaking to various legal and nonlegal professional groups about twice a quarter, oftentimes presenting his lectures to hundreds at a time. He has been a teaching faculty member of the American Bar Association and Texas State Bar Association continuing legal education courses for practicing attorneys in addition to teaching professional continuing education seminars for non-attorneys ranging from corporate officers to physicians.
- Simply Tax Talks
- Feeling confused, overwhelmed, or uncertain about what the proposed tax changes included in the “Build Back Better” agenda might mean for your tax situation? Join host Damien Martin, Yelena Bosovik, and Tad Goodenbour for a new weekly 30-minute livestream on YouTube starting Tuesday, October 26, at 10 a.m. Central time! Get your questions answered live as we cover the latest developments, share thought-provoking insights, and offer strategies amid the uncertainty.
- Previous Simply Tax episodes
- Episode 131: Wealth Planning for Build Back Better with Justin Miller (October 11, 2021)
- Episode 129: Reconciling Reconciliation & More with Travis Lucas (September 15, 2021)
- Episode 126: Tax Legislative Halftime Report with Travis Lucas, Chris Doolittle, and Randy Throener (July 30, 2021)
- Episode 123: Planning for Individual Tax Change in 2021 with Holly Pantzer and Jeff Layman (May 13, 2021)
- BKD articles
- House Ways & Means Committee Proposes Tax Increases (September 13, 2021)
- Tax Legislation to Expect This Fall (September 8, 2021)
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.