Simply Tax® Episode 121: Simply the “People Stuff”
“I’m 100 percent not you, and you’re 100 percent not me.” Find out why this powerful reminder from guest Cassie Atteberry is the key to making the “people stuff” easier for you, your family, and your organization. In this episode, Cassie joins host Damien Martin to share insights to help you to show up as the best version of yourself, build higher-performing teams, and deliberately create a healthy and successful organizational culture. Here are some of the questions covered:
- Why is the people stuff so hard? @02:09
- What are the areas to focus on to make it easier? @06:49
- What is coaching and how can it help? @10:12
- How do you develop team and talent? @14:41
- Does culture always trump strategy? @27:54
- Why does culture matter for a family office? @30:35
- How do you lead amid the current environment and build resilience? @34:33
- Why are dogs way easier than people? @39:26
BIO FOR GUESTS
Cassie Atteberry is the founder and principal of Talent Outside the Lines. She is an HR leader with more than 20 years of experience helping make the people stuff easier. Cassie spent 21 years in HR at Hallmark Cards, Inc., where she specialized in helping achieve its business strategy by getting the right structures, processes, cultures, talent, and talent processes in place. As a member of the HR executive team, she influenced strategy, policy, and the employee experience, and became known as a champion for diversity, equity, and inclusion. A significant portion of her time was spent coaching employees and managers and working with executive leadership teams. Cassie recently left Hallmark to start her own consultancy, which helps family offices maximize the value of their people portfolio via coaching, building culture, strategic HR and organizational planning, and team and talent development.
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.