Simply Tax® Episode 120: The Eye of the Tax Storm
Frequent guest Ed Karl, vice president of taxation at the AICPA, returns to the podcast amid a number of swirling tax headlines to break down the latest round of coronavirus-related relief, offer perspective on the tax filing season, and share insights on the areas to watch and outlook for tax policy changes in 2021 and beyond. Here’s what’s covered:
- Latest stimulus package updates @ 1:42
- Insights for digesting and acting on the latest round of relief @ 04:03
- Recommendation to postpone the deadline and provide a prompt response @ 09:37
- Prospect of further tax change under the Biden administration @ 19:15
- The latest on the taxation of the digital economy @ 27:04
- Closing thoughts and recommendations @ 30:01
BIO FOR GUESTS
Edward Karl, CPA, is the vice president of taxation at the AICPA. He’s responsible for the review, formulation, and submission of technical and policy recommendations for improvement of the federal tax process to Congress, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and the IRS. Ed also serves as a principal liaison for the AICPA with the IRS and is responsible for tax ethical issues, which includes the management of the AICPA’s Statements on Standards for Tax Services. Finally, Ed oversees the tax division’s delivery of services to members, focusing on helping AICPA members provide the highest quality professional tax services.
- AICPA Town Hall Series
- AICPA Town Halls (YouTube playlist)
- AICPA Comments on Postponement for the Filing and Payment Deadline for the 2020 Tax Year (March 4, 2021)
- BKD alert: Senate Passes Latest COVID-19 Stimulus Bill (March 8, 2021)
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.