Simply Tax® Episode 113: AICPA Advocacy Updates: PPP & Beyond
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Tax Policy & Advocacy Team and volunteer members continually monitor and advocate on legislative, regulatory, and administrative tax matters—and 2020 has been an exceptionally busy year. Guest Amy Wang, AICPA tax policy and advocacy senior manager, joins host Damien Martin to share what the team has been up to and provide an update on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness. Here’s what’s covered:
- Update on PPP loan forgiveness and related activity in Washington @01:16
- The latest with AICPA tax policy and advocacy efforts @06:51
- Ways the AICPA has made a difference in the guidance implementation process @17:58
- Key areas of focus going forward @21:12
- Closing thoughts @24:44
BIO FOR GUEST
Amy Wang is a member of the AICPA Tax Policy & Advocacy Team, whose mission is to serve the public interest by helping AICPA members be the most trusted professional providers of tax services, while also advocating sound tax policy and effective administration. She plays a key role in the development of AICPA testimony for tax-related congressional hearings.
- AICPA resources mentioned in the episode
- BKD webinars mentioned in the episode
- Previous appearances on the Simply Tax® podcast
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.