Simply Tax® Episode 110: Finding & Sharing Your “And”
Catalyst for corporate culture change and podcast host John Garrett joins host Damien Martin to discuss John’s latest book, What's Your "And"?: Unlock the Person Within the Professional, and the importance of having personal passions outside of the workplace. John shares some of the highlights of writing his book, the importance of his message when adapting to the COVID-19 environment, and more. Here’s what’s covered:
- Foreword written by former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz @01:35
- The experience of writing What's Your “And”? @07:56
- The most difficult part of the writing process @12:101
- Who’s the book written for? @14:43
- Retirement and going beyond your job title @16:19
- The impact of the pandemic on business and helping clients adapt @18:29
- Improving culture and how passions can deepen relationships @25:38
- The role of vulnerability in growth and leadership @29:00
- Highlights of "Follow-Up Fridays" @32:23
- Mental wellness during a pandemic @35:18
- Closing comments @39:13
BIO FOR GUEST
John Garrett is a nationally recognized corporate comedian and emcee who draws on his condition as a recovering international firm CPA to deliver messages that hit home with corporate audiences. He’s a professional member of the National Speakers Association and is on a mission to strengthen teams. John received his bachelor’s degree from University of Notre Dame, where he earned a letterman jacket as a trombone player in the marching band. John currently lives in Denver and really enjoys ice cream and college football—especially at the same time.
- Previous Simply Tax® John Garrett appearance: Episode 62: Loving What You Do
- John’s website: What’s Your "And"?
- John’s book: What’s Your “And”?: Unlock the Person Within the Professional
- John on Apple Podcasts : "What’s Your 'And'?"
- Episodes of “What’s Your ‘And’?” podcast mentioned in the episode:
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.