Simply Tax Episode 101: Accounting for Diversity & Inclusion Part I
Guest Trisha Daho joins host Damien Martin to discuss why and how to create an inclusive culture to help give everyone in your organization the path and tools to reach their highest aspirations and fullest potential. Here’s what they cover:
- Who is Trisha Daho? @01:39
- What is diversity, equity, and inclusion? @03:33
- You need to solve an inclusion problem first @04:54
- The business case for diversity @07:12
- Where to start @08:45
- What to do after you assess where you are? @12:44
- A sense of belonging is the tip of the iceberg @17:29
- “You are never going to fully understand the experience of someone that’s gone through something that you would never comprehend” @21:08
- You must be authentic and real @27:56
- Resources and how to get help @29:37
- A way to win the war on talent in the accounting industry @32:36
- Advice for organizations looking to make a change in light of recent events @36:20
- Tips for having challenging conversations and what to avoid @ 37:32
- How to avoid falling victim to your bias and blind spots @40:26
- Leading and sustaining change @44:58
- Virtual considerations for difficult conversations @47:42
- Now is the time! @49:05
BIO FOR GUEST
Trisha Daho is the founder and owner of Empowered, where she partners with C-suites and managing partners to think, plan, and execute strategically for the purpose of accelerated and sustainable growth, primarily in professional service firms. She also partners with larger firms to create success for women and diverse individuals who are entering leadership positions through a diversity and inclusion peer advisory experience focused on strategy, high performing teams, and advocacy in leadership.
With a law degree from Case Western Reserve University and a business degree from Miami University, Trisha brings practical results-driven insights as well as leadership acumen. She regularly writes and speaks on a variety of topics, including authenticity in leadership, high impact teams, creating growth cultures, diversity and inclusion, and many more.
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.