Simply Tax Episode 81: Tax Planning for Individuals
How did tax reform change year-end planning for individuals? Returning guests Holly Pantzer and Susan Jones join host Damien Martin for a closer look at key considerations for individuals following the recent tax law changes as they share their firsthand experiences from recent year-end planning discussions. Here’s a look at what’s inside our latest episode:
- Why year-end tax planning is important and best practices for planning meetings @ 2:45
- Biggest challenges in implementing the tax reform changes in year-end planning @ 8:27
- Things Holly and Susan aren’t doing in planning this year @ 14:24
- How charitable giving and philanthropic plans have changed after tax reform @ 17:59
- Estate planning trends in year-end discussions @ 23:26
- “We might be in the lowest income tax environment we’ll see for quite some time” @ 30:11
- Closing thoughts on year-end planning @ 32:07
- The biggest questions Holly and Susan are addressing @ 37:15
BIO FOR GUESTS
Holly Pantzer is a partner in BKD’s Indianapolis office and co-leader of BKD Family Office. She provides tax compliance, consulting and planning services to individuals, families, businesses, fiduciaries, private foundations and more as leader of the firm’s East Region Private Client Services (PCS) team.
Susan Jones is the leader of BKD’s North Region PCS tax team and St. Louis leader of BKD Family Office. She provides sophisticated income, gift and estate tax compliance, consulting and planning services to individuals, families, fiduciaries, private foundations and their related entities. She also provides proactive executive compensation planning and succession planning for high-net-worth individuals and their family-owned businesses.
- Previous “Simply Tax” appearances by guests
- Episode 5: Turkey Tax Talk with Holly Pantzer
- Episode 51: Choice of Entity for Family Businesses Part 1 with Susan Jones
- Episode 52: Choice of Entity for Family Businesses Part 2 with Susan Jones
- Webinar: Wealth Transfer Strategies for Families with Holly Pantzer and Susan Jones
- “Simply Tax” episodes on Qualified Opportunity Zones
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.