Simply Tax Episode 77: Living the CPA Life
Guest Tim Jipping—host of the “Journey View” podcast—joins “Simply Tax” host Damien Martin on an exploration of their careers in the CPA profession. The two share their personal experiences from working in the CPA profession and discuss the profound effect the AICPA Leadership Academy has had on both their careers and personal lives.
- Who is Tim Jipping? @2:45
- The experience of starting a podcast @7:34
- Creating and being creative @9:18
- Simply creativity and innovation @13:51
- How the AICPA Leadership Academy can change you @21:56
- Tim’s journey and the role of fear and vulnerability @28:37
- Wait, Damien majored in music? @35:27
- Creating space to grow and running a marathon @41:51
- How to say YES! @45:36
- Perspectives and insights gained from moving across the country @50:16
- Advice to 20-year-old Damien and Tim @59:13
- Slow down, people! @1:06:56
BIO FOR GUEST
Tim Jipping, CPA, CGMA is the founder and owner at Journey Advisors & CPAs. Named as a 2018 40 Under 40 Honoree in accounting and audit, Tim has more has more than 13 years in the accounting profession, with time spent in public accounting and a stint as a controller. He also hosts "Journey View,” a podcast created specifically as an outlet for his creativity and to share conversations with fascinating people about their journey in life.
- Mentioned in the podcast:
- More episodes from the “Working in Tax” series:
- Episode 62: Loving What You Do with John Garrett
- Episode 63: Where Should You Work? with Amie Kuntz
- Episode 67: An Insider's View: The IRS & Public Accounting with David Kirk
- Episode 76: How to Become a Tax Geek with Chris Hesse
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.