SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Guest Gary Genenbacher joins host Damien Martin to reflect on the first tax filing season for financial institutions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). Here’s what’s covered:
- Gary’s perspective on applying the provisions of the TCJA @4:10
- Key TCJA changes for financial institutions @6:09
- How financial institutions have reacted to the TCJA changes @10:21
- The most surprising TCJA provisions @11:16
- Areas we need guidance @14:08
- Being off-balance on purpose @16:47
- Planning considerations for financial institutions after tax reform @19:10
- Increased conformity between book and tax @23:14
- The important role tax advisors play @25:54
- Tax simplification @26:42
BIO FOR GUEST
Gary Genenbacher is a partner and member of BKD National Financial Services Group. Gary focuses on providing family-owned businesses with tax solutions and corporations with strategic tax planning, including subchapter S conversions, retirement planning strategies, accounting methods and tax credit opportunities.
Connect with Gary on LinkedIn
- Mentioned in the episode:
- Learn more about some of the topics discussed in the episode:
- Learn more about tax reform with BKD's Tax Reform Resource Center
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our new YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube