SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Guest Gary Genenbacher joins host Damien Martin to reflect on the first tax filing season for financial institutions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). Here’s what’s covered:
- Gary’s perspective on applying the provisions of the TCJA @4:10
- Key TCJA changes for financial institutions @6:09
- How financial institutions have reacted to the TCJA changes @10:21
- The most surprising TCJA provisions @11:16
- Areas we need guidance @14:08
- Being off-balance on purpose @16:47
- Planning considerations for financial institutions after tax reform @19:10
- Increased conformity between book and tax @23:14
- The important role tax advisors play @25:54
- Tax simplification @26:42
BIO FOR GUEST
Gary Genenbacher is a partner and member of BKD National Financial Services Group. Gary focuses on providing family-owned businesses with tax solutions and corporations with strategic tax planning, including subchapter S conversions, retirement planning strategies, accounting methods and tax credit opportunities.
Connect with Gary on LinkedIn
- Mentioned in the episode:
- Learn more about some of the topics discussed in the episode:
- Learn more about tax reform with BKD's Tax Reform Resource Center
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX™
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube