SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Cut through the static of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) with a discussion on what we learned from applying the provisions of the TCJA during the first tax filing season for construction and real estate. Guest Jason Grosh joins host Damien Martin to reflect on key takeaways and look to what’s ahead. Here’s what’s covered:
- Key TCJA changes for contractors @1:17
- Are contractors actually making accounting method changes after the TCJA? @5:48
- Challenges with the lack of guidance @10:39
- Planning considerations for contractors after the TCJA @13:31
- Record keeping considerations after tax reform @20:00
- Enhanced depreciation deductions @23:21
- Credits and incentives @25:25
- C versus S corporation after the TCJA @27:23
BIO FOR GUEST
Director Jason Grosh is a member of BKD National Construction & Real Estate Group. Jason provides tax services for contractors, real estate developers, hospitality companies, manufacturers and telecommunications companies. He focuses on tax planning for multistate partnerships, LLCs and corporations and on business succession planning, including buy-sell agreements, deferred compensation plans and merger and acquisition agreements.
Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
- Learn more about some of the topics discussed in the episode:
- Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Learn more about tax reform with BKD's Tax Reform Resource Center
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX™
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube