SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Was tax reform good for manufacturers and manufacturing? Find out as guest Chris Netram of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) joins host Damien Martin to break it down and provide his insights on this key sector of the economy.
TIME STAMPS OF WHAT’S COVERED
- Who is Chris Netram and what is the NAM @1:22
- Why manufacturing is a key sector of the economy @2:47
- How manufacturers have responded to tax reform @4:47
- Tax-related factors contributing to growth in the economy @7:39
- Conflicting headlines and politics about tax reform @11:35
- Guidance on the modified business interest expense limitation @13:43
- Other areas where manufacturers are waiting for guidance @16:02
- Legislative priorities for manufacturers @17:39
- The future of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act @19:29
- A potential missed opportunity for manufacturers @22:37
- The 125th anniversary of the NAM @25:08
BIO FOR GUEST
Christopher Netram is vice president of tax and domestic economic policy at the NAM. In this capacity, he leads the policy and advocacy work on tax, corporate governance, shareholder activism, executive compensation, pensions and employee benefits. In addition, he works to ensure the manufacturing voice is brought to these legislative and regulatory issues before Congress and the administration. A native of New York, Mr. Netram received his B.A. in liberal studies from the University of Central Florida, his J.D. from The Catholic University of America and his LL.M. in taxation from Georgetown University. In addition, Mr. Netram serves as a lecturer at Catholic University’s law school.
Connect with Chris on LinkedIn
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube