SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
A family office can help build and preserve a family’s legacy. Guest Jack Thurman joins Damien Martin to explain how, while also breaking down the ways a family office can benefit a family.
TIME STAMPS OF WHAT’S COVERED
- How Jack defines a family office @0:11
- Benefits of a family office @4:27
- Is a family office a good fit for you? @6:06
- Common roles a family office can play @9:20
- What to look for in a family office advisor @14:11
- Evaluating the cost @20:54
- Common issues that keep generation one up at night @24:47
- Best practices for family offices @28:34
- A family office advisor is like a running buddy @30:28
- How Jack manages his goals and aspirations @34:15
- Ways Jack focuses on what he does best while outsourcing the rest @38:45
- How Jack came to work with affluent families @41:34
- Closing thoughts @47:48
BIO FOR GUEST
Jack Thurman is president of BKD Wealth Advisors, LLC, a subsidiary of BKD, LLP, which provides investment oversight, wealth management and family office services to high-net-worth families and corporations. He has provided wealth management services since 1986 and is regularly contacted by national media for interviews and commentary on the market and economic events. Jack has been quoted in publications such as Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, SmartMoney and CNBC.
Connect with Jack on LinkedIn
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Mentioned on the podcast:
Additional family office resources:
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our new YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube