SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
CPA-turned-corporate-comedian and host of the “Green Apple Podcast” John Garrett joins host Damien Martin to explore the importance of bringing your outside-of-work passions and interests to work. Tune in to hear how you can use your passions to be more memorable, build genuine relationships and even create stronger client relationships.
Here’s a look at what’s inside our latest episode:
- About John Garrett @1:49
- 92 percent of professionals have this outside of work @3:28
- Why John started the “Green Apple Podcast” @6:20
- The power of being memorable @10:30
- Be genuinely interested in who you work with @13:40
- How to start building genuine relationships @17:10
- Benefits of creating a workplace that embraces the human side @18:48
- What happens if you don’t focus on your passions and interests outside of work @23:00
- Ideas on ways to build a great company culture @24:27
- What works in some places doesn’t in others @29:16
- Why John is so jazzed about the accounting profession @31:44
- What John loves to do outside of work @33:22
- Use your passion to build client relationships @37:54
- How to learn more about John @39:17
- Don’t be afraid! @42:29
BIO FOR GUEST
John Garrett is a nationally recognized corporate comedian and emcee who draws on his condition as a recovering international firm CPA to deliver messages that hit home with corporate audiences. He’s a professional member of the National Speakers Association and is on a mission to strengthen teams. John received his bachelor’s degree from University of Notre Dame, where he earned a letterman jacket as a trombone player in the marching band. John currently lives in Denver and really enjoys ice cream and college football—especially at the same time.
Connect with John on LinkedIn
Subscribe on YouTube
Follow John on Facebook
- John's website
- Episodes of the “Green Apple Podcast” mentioned in the episode:
- Previous “Simply Tax” guests featured on the “Green Apple Podcast”:
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube