SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Pick up where guests Mary Reiser and Ken Taylor left off in All the Wayfair – Part 1 as they join host Damien Martin to address common questions on how the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. (Wayfair) is changing the sales and income tax landscape for businesses and their owners.
Here’s what they cover:
- How should I approach uncertainty after Wayfair? @1:10
- Can I contractually pass a sales and use tax obligation on to someone else? @6:08
- How is deciding to collect sales tax or file income tax returns a business decision? @8:31
- Can’t I just do the same thing as last year? @14:56
- What approaches are businesses and their owners actually taking in response to Wayfair? @18:15
- How might factor-based income tax nexus standards affect small and medium-sized businesses? @24:49
BIO FOR GUESTS
Mary Reiser is a member of BKD’s State & Local Tax (SALT) Services division. She focuses on compliance and consulting for various SALT issues involving multistate entities, including audit defense, nexus analysis, voluntary disclosure and buy- and sell-side due diligence. Her primary experience is in the areas of income and franchise tax and sales and use tax.
Connect with Mary on LinkedIn
Ken Taylor is a senior managing consultant in BKD’s SALT division. He provides indirect tax consulting services to both public and private companies, including facilitation of automating sales and use tax compliance, technical assistance and research, audit defense, opinion memos, due diligence reviews for purchasers, identification and recovery of overpayments and sales and use tax function effectiveness reviews.
Connect with Ken on LinkedIn
Previous episodes of Simply Tax® on Wayfair:
Articles on Wayfair
Webinars on Wayfair
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube