SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Trust and team dynamics can be complex, yet are a part of everyday life—just like tax. BKD Audit Partner Debbie Scanlon shares her concept of a “trust bank account,” helping host Damien Martin cut through the static of one of the most essential yet sometimes fleeting dynamics on a team. Listen for ideas for making “deposits” to build great teams and to hear invaluable insights on strengthening gender diversity and enhancing collaboration between men and women.
TIME STAMPS OF WHAT’S COVERED
- Why team dynamics are so fascinating @2:03
- Debbie’s definition of “team” @4:08
- The trust bank account concept @6:48
- Managing trust bank accounts in practice @9:51
- Tips for those new to a team @12:04
- What “commitment missers” tend to overlook @15:21
- Being intentional even when you’re busy @21:15
- Tips for having difficult conversations @23:42
- There’s a “currency conversion” on some deposits @24:33
- Building trust as a leader @28:38
- Diversity on teams @32:06
- Unconscious bias and why we need the SKY initiative @34:36
- Debbie’s advice for Damien on working with women on team @39:46
- Takeaways from BKD’s SKYx conference @41:56
- Closing thoughts on trust and diversity inclusion @44:50
BIO FOR GUEST
Debbie Scanlon is a member of BKD National Financial Services Group and leads the Houston and Dallas financial services practices. She has more than 25 years of experience providing audit and consulting services to a variety of financial institutions, broker-dealers, investment advisory firms and funds. Debbie is a member of BKD’s SKY Advisory Council and frequent speaker on building an inclusive culture.
Connect with Debbie on LinkedIn
About SKY, BKD’s firmwide initiative to emphasize and strengthen diversity and promote inclusion
SKYx Conference editorial recap
2017 SKY Impact Report
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our YouTube channel.
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube