SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
It’s a busy time in the tax world! Listen as Ed Karl—vice president of taxation at the AICPA—returns to the podcast to help cut through the static and give you answers to these top tax-related questions:
• What’s Tax Reform 2.0 again? @ 01:21
• Were there lessons learned from the expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts? @ 03:45
• Will Tax Reform 2.0 advance in the Senate? @ 05:34
• How will the guidance on state and local tax cap workarounds affect year-end planning? @ 07:41
• What’s the approach to year-end planning while we’re waiting for final guidance? @ 10:31
• Who’s the new IRS commissioner? @ 12:44
• What’s the top priority for the commissioner and IRS right now? @14:02
• How will the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affect filing season? @ 15:28
• What else is going on in the tax world? @ 16:54
BIO FOR GUEST
Edward Karl, CPA, is the vice president of taxation at the AICPA. He’s responsible for the review, formulation and submission of technical and policy recommendations for improvement of the federal tax process to Congress, the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the IRS. Mr. Karl also serves as a principal liaison for the AICPA with the IRS and is responsible for tax ethical issues, which includes the management of the AICPA’s Statements on Standards for Tax Services. Finally, Mr. Karl oversees the tax division’s delivery of services to members, focusing on helping AICPA members provide the highest quality professional tax services.
Follow Ed on Twitter
Connect with Ed on LinkedIn
AICPA Tax Reform Resource Center
BKD Tax Reform Resource Center
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram