SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Host Damien Martin delivered oral comments concerning the proposed regulations regarding the qualified business income (QBI) deduction under Internal Revenue Code Section 199A at the U.S. Department of the Treasury and IRS public hearing on October 16, 2018. Find out what clarifications and modifications Damien requested and get key takeaways from the hearing as BKD’s Kori Zey and Julia Dengel join Damien to discuss the experience.
BIO FOR GUEST
Kori Zey serves as a national tax assistant director in BKD’s National Office Tax Department. She also is a member of BKD National Construction & Real Estate Group and a Private Client Services advisor.
Follow Kori on Twitter | Connect with Kori on LinkedIn
Julia Dengel serves as a national tax manager in BKD’s National Office Tax Department.
Follow Julia on Twitter | Connect with Julia on LinkedIn
MORE ON THE QUALIFIED BUSINESS INCOME DEDUCTION
• White Paper: The QBI Deduction Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
• IRS Releases Highly Anticipated Proposed Regulations Under §199A
• Omnibus Provides Fix for Grain Glitch
• QBI Deduction Flowchart
• Specified Service Trades & Businesses
• Aggregation Rules
• Episode 8 (with guest Tony Nitti)
• Episode 16 (with guest Amy Wang)
• Episode 35 (with guest Tony Nitti)
• Episode 37 (with guests Andrea Carr, Glen Birnbaum, Blake Crow and Bill Sweet)
• Insights & Planning Points from the Proposed §199A Regulations (August 22)
• Pass-Through Considerations of Tax Reform (January 23)
BKD Response & Advocacy
• BKD Comment Letter – September 28, 2018
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram