SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
“When we refuse to focus, we try to think we can do everything and we can’t.” – Jon Acuff, Episode 40
What does choosing to get some help with mowing your lawn have to do with succession and continuity planning? Find out as New York Times best-selling author Jon Acuff joins host Damien Martin to discuss his most recent Wall Street Journal number one best-seller Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done. Learn from the insights Jon gained from studying more than 850 participants in his 30 Days of Hustle goal-setting course as he shares practical and actionable tips for pursuing your goals.
TIME STAMPS OF WHAT’S COVERED
• Every life has cycles @ 03:16
• Perfectionism and raising kids @ 03:43
• The concept of “finish” @ 07:36
• Perfectionism in the workplace @09:46
• Perfectionism in succession planning @ 12:07
• Delegation is really about the fear of what you’ll lose @ 14:09
• The greatest life hack in the world @ 15:39
• Approach to getting feedback to change @ 18:11
• Being realistic about approaching your legacy goals @ 21:31
• Choose what to bomb @ 23:09
• How to bomb @ 25:17
• Why Jon loves his job @ 31:50
• Change, innovation and standup comedy @ 33:11
• Brush your teeth and do your taxes @ 38:05
BIO FOR GUEST
Jon is the New York Times best-selling author of six books. For more than 20 years he’s helped some of the biggest brands in the world tell their stories. He’s spoken to hundreds of thousands of people as a keynote speaker. Jon also is a big proponent of social media with blogs that have been read by 4 million people and almost 300,000 Twitter followers. Jon lives with his wife Jenny and two daughters in Franklin, Tennessee.
Subscribe to Jon's podcast
Read Jon's blog
Check out Jon's books
Get the Finish Calendar
Connect with Jon on social media:
MORE ON SUCCESSION PLANNING
Article: Planning For a Successful Transition
Podcast: "Simply Tax" episode 6 – The Intentional Family Business
Additional resources: BKDnext®
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our website and YouTube playlist.
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to SimplyTax@bkd.com.
Connect with Damien on social media!
LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram