Part of the TCJA Series
SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Cut through the static of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) with the first in a series of episodes focused on breaking down what the new tax law means for you and your business. Jesse Palmer—BKD’s director of tax quality control—reviews key provisions of the TCJA for businesses, filing 2017 tax returns and choice of entity considerations.
Here’s a look at what’s in this episode:
- Business tax rates @ 3:40
- Cost recovery provisions @ 6:09
- Accounting methods @ 9:21
- Other significant business provisions @ 12:58
- Things to think about and strategies to consider @ 17:20
- Choice of entity considerations @ 20:10
- Deferred tax and financial reporting considerations @ 30:07
- Key takeaways for businesses @ 32:50
GUEST BIO: Jesse Palmer is a tax partner at BKD and serves as director of tax quality control at the firm’s National Office Tax department. His responsibilities include quality control, risk management and day-to-day administration of the firm’s national tax practice. Jesse works closely with the national tax director on firmwide tax quality control projects and support-related tasks.
Connect with Jesse on LinkedIn
Webinar: Pass-Through Considerations of Tax Reform
Webinar: Corporate Effect of Tax Reform