Who Do We Serve?
We work with approximately 240 IDD and behavioral health providers nationwide, including providers who focus on intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral health, substance abuse, mental health, foster care and special education.
Looking to advance your mission in the IDD and behavioral health industry? Start a conversation and let us know how we can help.
Audit & Assurance
Quality assurance services can identify areas of improvement and give stakeholders, such as board members, donors and lenders, peace of mind. During our audit procedures, we’re looking beyond the financials to advise you on more efficient ways to address regulations and make operational and financial reporting improvements.
- Financial statement audits
- Uniform Guidance audits (formerly A-133)
- Compliance audits
- Internal audits
- Agreed-upon procedures
Regulatory Compliance & Reimbursement
Our health care practice dates back to the inception of Medicare and Medicaid, and we prepare approximately 2,000 cost reports annually. Our professionals are well versed in financial planning, reimbursement rate analyses, cost report preparation and review, rate appeals, tuition waivers, negotiating with funding sources and direct and indirect cost allocation studies.
In addition to preparing cost reports, we can help you find ways to manage risk, improve margins and navigate industry shifts.
- Prepare and review the cost report
- Review cost allocations for conformity with cost reporting requirements
- Prepare for and respond to third-party audits including Medicaid
- Review key program efficiencies that could be red flags for government reviewers
- Benchmark key metrics, including expenses and staffing levels relative to other providers
- Comply with the requirements of manuals defining reimbursable cost
Managed Care Model
As the IDD and behavioral health industry moves toward managed care throughout the country, providers should be concerned about their current financial position and the potential effects of managed care—and reduced client services is no exception. BKD can help you meet these challenges head on by consulting with your organization.
- Managed care readiness reviews
- Contracting with managed care organizations
- Value-based payments
- Implementation of Care Coordination Organizations
- Transition to interRAI-based assessment systems such as the Coordinated Assessment System
- Model of care development
- Claims review
- Billing and revenue cycle services
- Due diligence analysis
- Cost accounting
Do your reimbursement rates accurately represent your cost and quality of care? Government-funded programs have strict guidelines on what’s reimbursable, but often organizations overlook allowable costs critical to providing high-quality care. Our consultants can help you analyze your current rates and contributing expenses and provide future-focused insights to help you earn equitable reimbursement.
As your IDD and behavioral health organization becomes more complex, tax risk increases. How well are you managing that risk? Our trusted advisors can help reduce your burden or take advantage of tax law provisions.Read More
IDD & Behavioral Health Insights
Check back for more guidance and resources! Our trusted advisors understand IDD and behavioral health providers’ challenges, so you can have peace of mind that we’ve got your back.