"Fundamentals of Fiscally Fit Community Health Centers" Toolkit
Complete the form below to download the toolkit.
Audit & Assurance
BKD audits more CHCs than any other firm in the U.S. and more than double the number of the closest ranking CPA firm.
Our CHC audit clients' annual budgets range from $1 million to more than $100 million, and our strong reputation with governmental regulators lends significant credibility to your financial statements. You can count on BKD to deliver the high-quality audit and assurance services you deserve.
You won’t have to train our auditors on CHC grant compliance requirements or sliding fee discounts. They're professionally focused on CHCs, so they can advise you on key issues and share best practices.
To help CHCs address the challenges associated with IRS Form 990, we developed BKD 990connect. This innovative tool helps reduce time, simplify the preparation process and gives you a direct line of communication to your trusted tax advisor.
BKD has been working with Medicare since its inception in 1965 and prepares hundreds of FQHC cost reports each year. We also work with many CHCs on their state Medicaid cost report filings. We’ve developed cost report forms for several states and are familiar with the scope-change process under the Medicaid prospective payment system (PPS) that many states use to reimburse CHCs.
Our third-party reimbursement solutions for CHCs and FQHCs include:
- Cost report preparation and filing
- Medicaid PPS scope-change filing assistance
- Medicare and/or Medicaid PPS planning and strategy
- Medicare Advantage assistance
- Assistance with Medicare and/or Medicaid cost report settlement process and related desk audits or reviews
Revenue Cycle & Operations
BKD’s trusted advisors specialize in revenue operation matters specific to CHCs, including:
- Revenue cycle management and key performance indicators
- Medicare and Medicaid reporting
- Fee schedule development
- Medicare G code development
- Billing, coding and compliance
- Charge structure development
- Third-party payor contracts
- Strategic positioning
- 340B Drug Pricing Program
Our CHC team has a group of advisors dedicated to federal and state grants management and compliance who know the rules governing these programs inside and out. We can help with:
- Section 330 grant funds
- Notice of Award
- Federal requirements and uniform grant guidance (subparts B, C and D)
- Health Center Program Compliance Manual
- Cost principles and uniform grant guidance (subpart E)
- Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) site visit preparation
- Grant applications
- Uniform Data System reporting
- Federal financial report
- And more
- Impact on CHCs: Accounting for Grants & Contributions
- FASB Revenue Recognition Will Affect Your CHC
- FASB Revenue Recognition Basics for CHCs
- FASB Revenue Recognition for CHCs: A Focus on Patient Service Revenue
- FASB Revenue Recognition for CHCs: A Focus on Financial Reporting
- FASB Revenue Recognition for CHCs: A Focus on Other Affected Revenue Streams
- How the Not-for-Profit Reporting Standard will Affect CHCs
- A CHC-Focused Plan for the New Lease Accounting
- Rural Health Reimbursement Opportunities for 2018
Chief Financial Officer & Accounting Support
Is your organization between CFOs, or are you having difficulty finding a qualified CFO?
BKD’s trusted advisors can help bridge the gap and provide operational support to your finance department. We can assist with monthly financial statement preparation, dashboard development, board reporting and other finance department duties.
We offer myriad accounting outsourcing solutions tailored to meet your needs.
Contact us today to get the accounting support you need!
Boot Camp Trainings
Are you looking for ways to better train your board, association or staff?
Through your local PCAs or other industry groups, BKD offers in-depth, CPE-eligible training that covers the issues and concerns most important to CHCs, such as revenue cycles, grants management, finance department operations, financial decision making and billing. We frequently facilitate trainings for NACHC and PCAs nationwide.
Interested in what types of training we offer? Complete the form below to download BKD’s complete menu of CHC boot camp training.