Dynamics 365 Business Central: What’s New in the Wave 2 2021 Fall Release
We are officially back in the fall season, which means it’s time for football, family gatherings, and feasting! Fall also means it’s release time, and we are thrilled to highlight some of our favorite enhancements, many of which come from requests submitted by the D365BC user base on Microsoft Ideas.
The full details of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central release 2 for 2021 have been released to the public and will be available for preview in September 2021. Investments center on helping users get to productive usage faster, whether they are new or existing customers. Microsoft has expanded built-in tours to cover more standard entities for better onboarding of additional business roles.
Microsoft’s investment in Teams continues by bringing further capabilities to the Business Central/Teams integration. Last but not least, there is continued expansion to more countries and regions. In 2021 release wave 1, Business Central added 13 new countries and regions. In release wave 2, we expect availability in more than 10 additional countries and regions.
- Edit-In Excel Report Metadata worksheet. Now shows the filters applied to the report and general report properties, like the name, ID, and extension details. Also includes filters defined in AL code, for example, by the DataItemLink property and DataItemTableView property
- Share a record link to Microsoft Teams. Business Central web client will include a new action to share to Microsoft Teams. This action allows users to type a message, choose recipients such as team members, groups or channels, and send their message with a link to the Business Central record
- Copying environments of different types. Admins can now copy environments within and across different environment types (Production to Production, Sandbox to Sandbox, Sandbox to Production)
- Improved Dataverse connections. Couple records between Business Central and Dataverse (and apps for Dataverse) in bulk + Dataverse integration improvements
- Improved web client performance. Performance optimizations for Business Central resulting in faster-opening pages, more efficient resource usage on client devices, and more
- Improved Power BI integration. Previously, only Power BI reports from the default workspace or the Business Central workspace could be embedded into Business Central. Now it is possible to embed Power BI reports from any personal or shared workspaces
- Enhanced Excel integration. Embedded lists can now be exported to Microsoft Excel. Report data also can be exported to Excel, minus any report formatting
- Payment Reconciliation Journal improvements. Separate number series; Posting preview; Ability to reverse the G/L register posted through the Payment Reconciliation Journal
- The Bank Reconciliation improvements. Enhanced Bank ledger entries filtering; clean-up of document layouts to make it easier to read; Many-to-1 matching now available, adjustments will now be auto-matched after being transferred to post
For more information, reach out to your BKD Trusted Advisor™ or submit the Contact Us form below.