Freezing an Inventory Item in Sage 100 ERP
Often, the first step in taking a physical inventory in Sage 100 ERP is freezing the physical count. When attempting to do this, though, a message may appear saying the program will not allow the inventory to be frozen or that freezing items may create unexpected variances. Some examples include:
Follow these steps to help ensure you don’t receive those messages:
- Open “Master Console” and make sure no one has “Inventory Maintenance” open.
- Be sure the “Sales Order” invoicing is complete and all invoices are posted.
- Complete and post the “Purchase Order” receipt of goods and receipt of invoice.
- Update all inventory transactions and close “Inventory Maintenance.”
- Update and post all receipts from the “Return Merchandise Authorization” module.
- Update and post all production transactions in the “Bill of Material” and “Work Order” modules.
With those items checked and processed, inventory freezing should proceed quickly and without messages.
Contact our team of professional consultants for more information.