Common Check Printing Error in Sage 100 ERP
When printing checks from Accounts Payable or Payroll, you may encounter the following error: “Crystal Error: Failed to load Crystal Print Engine CRPE32.dll. Err/Ret: 2/1 occurred on Line 140 in program SWCOCX.”
Typically, this happens when you have a new computer or your computer crashed and you had it rebuilt. It means the CRPE32.dll file is missing from your Windows system.
Here are the steps to add the .dll:
1. Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel | System and Security | System | Advanced System Settings.
2. Click Environment Variables.
3. Under System Variables, select Path Variable and click Edit.
4. In the Variable value field, append the following text to the current value and click OK.
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin (32-bit Operating System)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin (64-bit Operating System)
Note: Do not overwrite the existing path in the “Variable Value” field. If the path is accidentally deleted, press CTRL-Z to undo the deletion.
5. At Environment Variables, click OK.
6. At System Properties, click OK.
7. Try printing the check form. If the error still occurs, reboot the workstation and try to print the report again.
8. If it still doesn’t print, verify that the changes were saved.
If you have other questions or would like more information, feel free to contact us.