Recording Payments Made by Wire on Your Bank’s Website
In Dynamics GP, you can use the “Payables Manual Payment Entry” window to record manual payments for EFT transactions paid by wire. Record manual payments prior to a check run to ensure a duplicate payment isn’t made during a computer check run.
Purchasing Page | Transactions | Manual Payments
To enter a manual payment:
- Open the “Payables Manual Payment Entry” window in Dynamics GP (above).
- Tab through Payment Number.
- Create or select a batch. Batches are optional for manual payments.
- Enter the date of the actual check and enter or select a vendor ID.
- Under Payment Method, mark EFT but do not check Electronic.
- Enter EFT and date in the document number field.
- Enter the amount of the payment and apply the payment. Click the “Apply” button and select the invoice to which you’ll apply the manual payment. Click “OK” to close the apply screen.
- Save the payment if you entered a batch ID. If you do not have a batch, click “Post.”
- Open the “Batches” window—Transactions | Purchasing | Batches. To print an edit list to verify the entries (if you entered a batch ID), choose File | Print. Choose “Post” if you entered an individual transaction.
For more information on how to record payments made by wire on your bank’s website through Dynamics GP, contact us.