BKD’s Dynamics GP Twitter Tips Compilation – Part 2
Continuing our compilation, here are some more tips from our Microsoft Dynamics GP Twitter account (@gpinsights). This article contains tips 26 through 50. We hope you enjoy.
26. Need to record cash back from a vendor? Record a return with a cash amount—Trx-Purch-Trx Entry.
27. Track special journal entries (integrations, audits) with custom source docs. Tools | Setup | Posting | Source Documents
28. Back up your budget. Cards | Financial | Budget, select Budget, select Excel button, Export!
29. Create Parent/Child customer relationships for payments, statements, agings—Cards | Sales | National Accounts.
30. Increase the number of default SmartList records returned. Admin Page | Setup | System | SmartList Options
31. Add a shortcut, click File | Add To Shortcuts on a window. Now they appear on your Home Page Nav Pane!
32. Click “Customize this page” in the upper right-hand corner of your home page to personalize it.
33. Drag a shortcut into the Start folder on your Nav Pane to launch it automatically when you log in.
34. Inquiry | Financial | Account Rollup to create your own summarized inquiries with drilldown!
35. Import your budget from Excel! Cards | Financial | Budget | Excel Button
36. Have you linked your SQL reports to appear in GP? Admin Page | Setup | System | Reporting Tools Setup
37. Deploy your Excel reports from there, too! Admin Page | Setup | System | Reporting Tools Setup
38. Trx-Financial-Batches, mark Clear Recurring Amounts to reset entries in recurring batches to all zeros!
39. Use Multicurrency? Inquiry | Financial | Currency Summary
40. Create your own sales inquiries! Inquiry | Sales | Sales Range Inquiry/Restrict Sales Documents
41. Do you use Word Templates? They’re easy to configure and modify. Reports | Template Maintenance, Template Configuration.
42. Settings for currency translation in Management Reporter. Cards | Financial | Account Currencies, Currency Translation Type field
43. Do you know what your audit trails mean? Assigned to each posting, defined in Tools | Setup | Posting | Audit Trail Codes.
44. Right-click on a Management Reporter report in the Report Viewer to show versions of the report.
45. Display the vendor, customer, employee ID for a bank transaction in SmartList, add the CMLinkID column.
46. Want to see your layers of perpetual inventory? Inquiry | Inventory | Receipts
47. Transfer orders using criteria like Line Shipping Method. Transactions | Sales | Transfer Multiple Orders
48. General ledger detail organized by source! Reports | Financial | Cross Reference | Source Document
49. Track statistical values for reporting and analysis. Cards | Financial | Unit Accounts
50. Easily manage groups of accounts on reports in Management Reporter. Edit | Manage Dimension Sets
Follow BKD’s Dynamics GP group on Twitter at @gpinsights for more tips to keep your work life running more smoothly. For assistance, contact BKD’s Dynamics GP Support Center.