Reporting Resources for Dynamics GP
As Microsoft Dynamics GP continues to develop robust reporting tools, more and more users want to create custom reporting. Having the capability to develop reports in house can save money, increase flexibility and decrease response time when a new report is requested to meet a need. Here is a cheat sheet of resources to help you when you consider creating reporting with Dynamics GP.
Dynamics GP Reporting Tool Overview
Dynamics GP Table Naming Conventions (from the Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation & Configuration Training Materials)
When working with SQL Reporting Services, SmartList Builder or Excel Report Builder, you may need to understand the Dynamics GP table structure.
Note: Files/Tables are stored in Table Groups, which contain all the Files/Tables necessary to completely record a transaction or record.
There also are resources available with Dynamics GP to assist you in locating tables:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Resource Descriptions
- If you don’t find a field listed under the “core” you expect, check under the system “core.”
- View Existing Dynamics reports/tables
- Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Report Writer
- Tools | Customize | Modify Current Report
- Tools | Integrate | Table Import
- Dynamics GP Software Developer’s Kit, which can be located on Dynamics GP DVD | Tools | SDK | Dynamics GP
- Link SQL reports and Excel reports to display in Dynamics GP
- Tools | Setup | System | Reporting Tools Setup
- For custom reporting (via Excel, SmartList Builder and/or SQL Reporting Services), leverage existing views (refer to Excel Reports FAQ below for link to spreadsheet of views and security roles in SQL server)
Additional resources for creating reports include:
- Report Writer
- Help | Printable Manuals | Reporting | Report Writer
- Help | Printable Manuals | System | System User’s Guide
- Excel Reports
- Excel Reports FAQ document
- SmartList Builder/Excel Report Builder
- Help | Printable Manuals | Reporting | SmartList Builder User’s Guide
- SQL Reporting Services
- SSRS FAQ Document with Dynamics GP
- Download Source Projects for standard Dynamics GP SQL reports
If you are a BKD client and need assistance with planning or creating a report with Dynamics GP, please contact us.