Organization of the Year
- This award honors an outstanding organization that has made a significant contribution to our local community. It recognizes the most forward-thinking, creative and effective organization at accomplishing its goals. (The organization’s achievements must be relevant within approximately the last 12 to 18 months.)
- The award is given in three categories:
- Small – Annual Budget Under $500,000
- Medium – Annual Budget Greater than $500,000, Less than $3.5 Million
- Large – Annual Budget Greater than $3.5 Million
- What are the organization’s core values, goals and overall mission?
- How has the organization built and maintained its leadership role in the community? (What efforts has the organization made to strengthen other nonprofit groups within the community?)
- Demonstrate ways the organization has made outstanding contributions to the community.
- Explain the benefits of the organization’s services/programs and how they set it apart from other nonprofit groups that provide similar services/programs.
- Provide quantitative results of the organization’s programs/services.
- How many individuals in the community benefit annually from the organization’s services?
- What awards, certifications and/or other recognitions has the organization received?
Executive Director/CEO of the Year
- This award honors an outstanding leader whose achievements have significantly affected a nonprofit organization and helped improve a community issue. This individual exhibits excellent management and leadership skills and inspires others to achieve measurable results.
- Nominees must be employed in a full-time position for a nonprofit organization listed as a 501(c)(3) and have a main office located within the Springfield Metropolitan Statistical Area 5-county area: Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk and Dallas counties.
- How has the nominee displayed a willingness to learn new concepts and adapt to evolving regulatory challenges?
- Describe how the nominee has excelled in his/her position while demonstrating integrity and a strong commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
- Provide examples of how the nominee’s leadership has strengthened the organization and helped it make a greater impact in the community.
- How does the nominee create a vision and inspire others?
- How does the nominee create a positive image for the institution while leading it to greater levels of success?
- How has the nominee been willing to take risks to achieve change?
- Why should the nominee win the award?
Board Member of the Year
- This award honors an individual who is actively serving as a board member in good standing with an active 501(c)(3) organization that has a main office located within the Springfield Metropolitan Statistical 5-county area: Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk and Dallas counties. The nominee must have a consistent record of attending various activities and programs of her/his organization.
- Explain how the nominee contributes time, talent and resources to the purpose and objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrate how the nominee’s record of service and contribution to committees and other functions have led to organizational success.
- Provide at least two specific examples of how the nominee has inspired others to engage (internally and externally) with the organization and its work.
- Provide a list of other notable accomplishments (with supporting evidence).
Arvest Bank Communitarian Corporate Citizenship Award
- This award honors a for-profit company/corporation that demonstrates strong civic responsibility by consistently integrating programs and practices into its operations to make a positive impact in the community where it does business.
- Describe how the company has been a longtime advocate for the community and developed its reputation for above-and-beyond corporate social responsibility.
- Explain how the company has demonstrated a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and how its leaders have supported and expanded those efforts.
- How is this company's community work/support strategically linked to their business mission?
- In what ways does this company demonstrate its commitment to the community (beyond just writing a check)?
- This award honors an organization that used a creative and nontraditional approach to effectively and efficiently solve a community challenge.
- Describe how this organization has been a benefit to the community it serves.
- In the past year, how has this organization innovated to improve itself?
- List tangible effectiveness and results.
- Demonstrate how the organization has implemented a creative solution—large or small—that has made a significant and positive difference.
- How has the organization worked to develop new approaches for problem solving?
- Provide an example of how the organization plans for long-term success.
- Judges will evaluate a nominee’s innovative merits by these characteristics:
- Is the organization’s innovation a new concept or variation of an existing idea?
- Was the innovation developed independently or in cooperation with others?
- How does the innovation make fundamental changes to the organization?
- How does the innovation impact the community?
- Is the innovation cost-effective to implement?
- Are there risks associated with implementation?
- Does the innovation provide measurable cost savings?
- Does the innovation create measurable efficiencies in either operations or services?
- Can the innovation be applied to other areas?
- Can the innovation be applied more widely in the external community?
Emerging Leader of the Year
- This award honors a CEO or managing director who is a first-time organization leader. The nominee must have been in the role for 1 to 3 years as of January 1, 2019, and demonstrated outstanding promise in leadership and service.
- Provide specific examples of the nominee’s continuing activities.
- Provide specific examples of the nominee’s commitment to advancing innovative ideas.
- Provide specific examples of the nominee’s service to the profession beyond normal job responsibilities.
- How has the nominee demonstrated leadership in initiating and/or steering a specific task or project to successful completion?
- How does the nominee consistently demonstrate an ability to inspire, motivate and develop others?
- How does the nominee set goals and measure performance against those goals?
- How does the nominee take responsibility for their professional development?
- Describe how the nominee shares responsibility, enthusiasm, information and ideas to contribute to or develop highly performing teams.
Startup Organization of the Year
- This award honors an organization that has been active for less than five years (as of January 1, 2019), demonstrates a clear vision and mission and has implemented solutions to address a specific problem or issue.
- Explain how the organization has made a positive impact in the community.
- What were the organization’s key initiatives and projects for the past 12 months, and how did it achieve them?
- What difficulties did the organization overcome to achieve these objectives?
- Why should the organization win this award?
Revel with a Cause Award
- This award honors an organization meeting an important community need that lacks broad recognition.
The winner of this award will receive approximately $5,000 in marketing services from Revel Advertising. The package includes various services, from high-level strategic planning to basic design layout.
Nominees must explain how receiving this award would help the organization spread its message and become more effective in fulfilling its mission.
- The nominee must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a main office located within the Springfield Metropolitan Statistical 5-county area: Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk and Dallas counties.
- The nominee must have an annual operating budget of less than $500,000.
- The nominee cannot have a paid staff member whose main role is marketing or communication.
- The award package will include:
- Brand Development (logo design, brand guidelines, cohesive messaging strategies, stationery, marketing collateral, sales collateral, etc.)
- Advertising (campaign development, media planning and placement, design, copywriting, etc.)
- Digital (website design, social media strategies and advertising, digital ads, SEO, etc.)
- Marketing (strategic planning, PR, market research and analysis, etc.)
- The award package will not include:
- Purchasing of media
- Cost of printing materials, etc.
- Please answer the following questions to be considered for the Revel with a Cause Award:
- 1. How would this award help you achieve your mission and address your cause?
- 2. What is your timeline for implementing your awarded services?
Public Awareness Award
- This award honors an organization that has excelled at raising public awareness and understanding of a specific cause or issue in the community through effective marketing and communication.
- Explain how the organization maximizes public awareness and support for its community program via grassroots campaigns.
- Provide examples of how the organization uses traditional and social media campaigns to increase public awareness.
- Describe how the organization has raised community awareness and engagement on a specific issue or problem (provide specific examples).
- How has the organization’s use of media/public awareness helped encourage other individuals and groups to collaborate on a cause?
Youth Leader of the Year
- This award honors a teenager who has identified a need or problem and demonstrated leadership by developing a program or harnessing resources to help solve that problem or need.
- The nominee must be between the ages of 13 and 18 as of January 1, 2019, and reside within the Springfield Metropolitan Statistical Area 5-county area: Greene, Christian, Webster, Polk and Dallas counties.
- Explain how the nominee has given time and talent to projects, services or activities that have benefited others or the community as a whole.
- A Change Maker is one committed to self-responsibility and action toward being the change in their community. How has the nominee been a “Change Maker” in the community and inspired others to be the same?
- Provide specific examples of how the nominee’s actions have helped improve a situation or met a need.