Whether you are buying or selling a business, you need a single solution for transaction management. BKD's dedicated team of transaction professionals can offer the expertise to quickly identify and quantify issues and provide meaningful solutions. We understand you want insight before you invest in a company and commit your capital, energy and reputation.
During the last two years, BKD has completed due diligence engagements with a combined purchase price in excess of $2.5 billion. We can help you understand a target company’s strengths, weaknesses, potential risk areas and improvement opportunities to help in your investment decision and post-acquisition integration. Whether you are a private equity group or a corporate acquirer, our due diligence can help you better execute the deal.
As part of Praxity, AISBL, an international accounting alliance, BKD has a global transaction reach. Our international tax team combines cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge to assist you in planning and complying with often complex international tax rules.
BKD offers the comprehensive services expected of a national firm at cost-effective rates. Our middle-market focus provides relevant expertise to assist you in making appropriate decisions and negotiate from a position of strength.
Our transaction management approach is flexible and tailored to your specific needs. We will work with you to determine the appropriate scope of work, to confirm your thesis of the company’s value drivers and to reduce uncertainty.
Our typical areas of focus include:
- Assessing the quality of earnings and cash flow
- Reviewing company forecasts compared to historical results and trends in the industry
- Identifying asset and liability exposures
- Determining the value drivers and risk areas
- Analyzing working capital to understand the impact on cash flows and to assist in setting working capital targets
- Analyzing historical and related future baseline and growth capital expenditures
- Identifying internal control weaknesses including observations on systems
- Performing market research with the help of our alliances
- Identifying carve-out issues if part of a larger entity, including standalone and one-time integration costs
- Assessing differences from generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
We can also help with:
- Business models
- Cash flow models
- Working capital engagements
If you are selling a business, or even a piece of it, you also need to anticipate the risks and issues that will arise from the buyer’s perspective. Being prepared is the key to capturing the full strategic value of a sale. Our transaction services team can assist you in all phases of a divestiture. We offer insight to help prevent surprises from occurring later in the sales process.