Business Continuity Planning
Advance preparation for a security crisis or disaster could mean the difference between the survival and demise of your business. BKD IT Risk Services (ITRS) can work with your organization to develop a plan that will help you maintain or recover your business operations when adverse events occur.
Address Your Concerns with an Ongoing Process
Business continuity planning (BCP) is a living process that is updated regularly. Our consultants lead you through a process that will help you:
- Identify critical business processes, key employees and other vital assets and resources
- Identify threats and the likelihood of occurrence
- Assess the business impact of threats
- Develop strategies and plans to mitigate and recover from disasters
- Educate employees through training and exercise
- Periodically review, test and update the plan
BKD’s Business Continuity Solutions
- BCP Program Setup and Management – Strategic BCP planning.
- Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment – Understand and document threats, interview staff and executives, perform financial modeling/reports on effects.
- Plan and Policy Development – Develop the plan and policies for emergency response, crisis management and business, technology and infrastructure protection and recovery.
- Program Assessment/Validation/Verification – Examine all aspects, resources, plans, teams, testing, and depth of training and comprehension of BCP within the organization.
Begin With the End in Mind
BCP is an enterprise-wide ongoing process driven by a business impact analysis and risk assessment. Our focus is on “business recovery” as opposed to “systems recovery.”
Through recurring testing and independent review, BKD ITRS can help you lessen the business risks and losses associated with unexpected disruption to your business.