Public Sector Consulting
Cities, counties and states face significant challenges as they compete for productive citizens, high-paying jobs and beneficial investments. Successful public organizations deliver efficient services and a high quality of life while maintaining competitive tax rates.
BKD’s public sector practice has access to a wide range of subject matter experts and has delivered successful projects for clients in public safety, public works and utilities, human services, parking, transit, fleet management, facilities maintenance, capital planning, information technology and more.
We bring extensive experience employing competitive tools to drive improvements, including helping you with the following:
- Competition, outsourcing, public-private partnerships and government by network
- Creating financial incentives for employees and contractors (pay for performance)
- Changing incentives for consumers to drive efficient behaviors
- Measuring performance and implementing activity-based costing
- Employing “big data” analytics to improve policy and program efficacy
- Developing an organizational infrastructure to rapidly replicate successful strategies