German Business Services
Companies looking to expand globally face numerous potential regulatory and compliance issues. BKD knows what you need to know. We help German and other foreign-owned businesses to pursue growth in the U.S. Many inbound clients are based in Europe and have acquired, developed or opened U.S. subsidiaries. We also help outbound U.S. clients seek a “soft landing” in countries such as China, Brazil, Mexico and Canada.
What sets the group apart is its significant partner involvement, continuity of staff and a one-stop approach for tax filings and financial reporting, regardless of the number of countries involved. Expertise includes consolidations, inventory systems and developing/monitoring financial and non-financial benchmarks. This requires an extensive understanding of financial reporting and generally accepted accounting principles in each country.
Our services include:
- Developing tax-efficient acquisition, joint venture & disposition strategies
- Providing strategies for tax-efficient repatriation of foreign earnings
- Expatriate tax consulting & advice
- Foreign tax treaty analysis
- Transactional taxes
- Developing effective & operationally sound transfer pricing policies & documentation
- Researching export tax incentives & viable export plans
- Audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with local statutory accounting standards or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)