Corporate Credit Cards & Expense Reimbursement
Corporate credit cards and expense reimbursements are some of the most frequently abused forms of spending. Expense reimbursements are the second most common form of fraudulent disbursement, according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ 2014 Report to the Nations.
BKD’s Forensics & Valuation Services division can assist in investigating specific fraud concerns involving your company’s credit cards and expenses or assist in developing new procedures to help reduce the potential for risk. Combining years of fraud investigation experience with advanced electronic forensic tools, BKD can help isolate potential problems and provide suggestions that could help you improve your bottom line.
BKD’s holistic approach to examining credit card and expense procedures includes:
- Direct involvement by experienced forensic accountants with years of experience
- Special testing procedures to search for potential abusive or wasteful spending
- Analysis of large data sets using cutting edge forensic software tools to efficiently identify wasteful or questionable spending
- Quick response to allegations or questions about spending practices
- Expertise to support claims filed under a fidelity bond or employee dishonesty insurance policy
- Recommendations for best practices related to reducing risk of fraudulent and abusive spending in the future